Monday, May 25, 2009

Is Medifast easier to do on the road?

One of my friends asked me...
Do you find it easier on the road....less temptation? I would think not being home would make it easier. I suppose unless you hit the stores and stock up. Hmmm


A lot of times it is easier for me to do Medifast on the road for work. I have less time sitting at home and dealing with the "bored eating" thing. But sometimes it's more difficult. I come downstairs in the morning at the hotel and smell the fresh cinnamon rolls and just want one of those and some juice. Usually, I'll just heat up an oatmeal or an oatmeal raisin crunchy bar.

Sometimes I think I've got it easier than the people with kids in the house or a hubby that isn't on program because the trigger foods aren't around...but they CERTAINLY are around on the road!!! Then I get to the event where there is catering. If I'm in "the medizone", it's fine. I just grab a piece of meat and some salad.

If I'm faltering, the pasta starts calling...loudly. That's when Nancy jumps in my head saying "nothing tastes as good as thin feels"....whew, thanks Nancy! Getting my head in the right place is 75% of the battle for me!

Being able to eat the new crunchy bars more than once a day is a huge help! It gives me another choice besides RTD's when on the run. That's awesome!

It all depends where my head is. I have to make a lot of hard choices eating out in restaurants every night with the gang, but if my head is right, I can get a piece of meat and veggies or a salad anywhere for my lean and green. I just have to be firm with the waitstaff, no gravy, no butter, no anything and I tip well.

But sometimes the depression hits...why can't I have what the boys are having. Now granted, NONE of these boys couldn't stand to lose a few LBs, but my whiny self doesn't realize that!

I feel good about this trip. I have promised myself that I'm going to make it one month without any cheats and no deviations from the Medifast and TSFL program and I intend to keep that promsie! I don't have many clothes in this size (the 18's), and I will have many more choices just by moving down to the 16's. I hate having to do laundry so much, but I'm certainly not going to buy MORE in the 18's!

Last time I did 30 days with no cheats, I lost 26lbs my first month! Right now I'm just concentrating on getting back into the 50# lost club with Medifast! Less than 5 lbs to go! Prize for that...PEDICURE! (Yes, I'm bribing myself!). Next goal after that...to go from obese to overweight on the BMI chart....that is at 205lbs...haven't picked a prize for that yet, any suggestions?

I hope everyone is having a good Memorial Day. My heartfelt thanks to everyone who has served and the families that support them!

1 comment:

  1. I want to join DeDe in thanking all the people who serve in the military and their families. Our flag was out on Memorial Day and we put flowers on our loved ones' graves at the cemetery. It was beautiful seeing all the flowers that people had left, and how many people were there remembering family that was gone. I even took a picture of a family in front of the grave for them. It was awesome!

    ReplyDelete