Friday, May 15, 2009

Day 1

Well, I did it.

Back in 2006, I lost 107 lbs with Medifast & TSFL. I became a Certified Health Coach and had a blast helping people part with the pounds and get healthier. I kept it off after doing the transition and maintenance phase and was doing well. I picked Medifast because of several reasons...I travel a lot and this is so easy. I considered the plans on TV but I realized they wouldn't fix my problem. I wouldn't learn much from "you can eat mac & cheese and chocolate cake, as long as it's OUR mac & cheese and chocolate cake." Also, carting around all that stuff on the road was problematic. MF's stuff was very portable! I knew I needed to watch my portions, eat 6 times a day and did really well on the program! I kept the weight off for years! I was in the healthy BMI range, but always wanted to be at the bottom of the BMI range.

Then, I decided to quit smoking. I did this on Jan 1 of this year. I kept telling myself "it doesn't matteer what you eat, just DON'T SMOKE!" I effectively replaced the ciggies with jelly beans, fries and peanut butter cups.

Before I even noticed, I had gained over 50lbs. How did that happen? Tons of things...when I quit smoking, I cut out the high amounts of water I was drinking and replaced it with diet soda. Before the quitting smoking, I had joined a gym and started working out. I still do sporadically. I started eating fast food again because I was so sad that I had gotten back to within 30lbs of my heaviest. I wasn't a very good health coach because I was so mad at myself.

So, I am at a crossroads...time to go back to what I know works, works fast, is healthy and can help me lose weight fast enough to keep me motivated. There was only one choice for me...Medifast & TSFL!

So, time for the re-start to prove to myself that I did it once, I can do it again! I can achieve optimal health! Food is not a comfort or a friend and like a friend said...nothing tastes like thin feels!

I weighed myself...234 lbs on my 5'10" frame, giving me a BMI of 34...Obese. Next goal...ONEDERLAND (getting back into the 100's). I signed back into TSFL's great tool, Support in Motion.

So, my first day back on the Medifast 5 & 1 plan commenced. Day one SUCKED! It was like my head KNEW it wasn't getting any more drive through! I had the headache, I peed A LOT as I upped my water intake. I'm limiting myself to 3 diet sodas a day and will cut that down as we progress. It sucks, but I know once I get past say, day 4, I'll be cruising in the MEDIZONE!

Stick with me, watch me win by losing with Medifast and TSFL and join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment